For advertising and sponsorship opportunities on the Etsy Conversations Podcast and ConvoMe.com please email your request for a media kit to:
interview [at] ConvoMe [dot] com
***UPDATE: I personally review EVERY giveaway submission but due to the high volume of submissions received you may experience a slight delay in getting a response from me. Please bear with my “team” of one person :)***
The application form for the giveaways is located at the bottom of this page but please do take some time to read about how giveaways work here on the Etsy Conversations Podcast site as I filter whom I choose to partner with on the giveaways. Information about the criteria I use to select sponsors is detailed below.
Why participate in an EtsyConvo giveaway?
As an Etsy seller or a business looking to reach a specific target market, a giveaway can be an excellent and effective marketing strategy. But here’s the caveat… it must be done well. Point blank. So, what’s the draw for the audience? It’s simple… In exchange for getting exposure to your brand and your message, they get free stuff! And who doesn’t like that…?
Next, let’s define your objectives
A giveaway on this blog will only work if you have very clear objectives. What do you want to achieve by partnering with me to do a giveaway?
- You want to increase traffic to your website to Etsy shop
- You want to increase your sales or customer base (on or off Etsy)
- You’d like to grow your email list of target customers
- You want to increase your social media following or popularity
- Some other goal that I have not pinpointed…
Setting realistic expectations
Unfortunately, not everyone or every business will be a good fit for this site’s audience. If you’re trying to get in front of the handmade community and lovers of all things handmade then read on… Here’s what I’ll need to assess if we’ll be a good fit for a giveaway. Please submit the following for consideration to be featured as a giveaway sponsor:
- Please first take a look around this website and familiarize yourself with what it’s all about. This is a good way for you to determine if your target audience hangs out here.
- Submit a descriptive but brief (please, not too long) bio of your business, your Etsy shop or your brand (I read all these myself so you can keep it informal but to the point. Feel free to include fun facts too!); please submit high quality photos or logos, if applicable
- Please provide a link to your website or Etsy shop
- Decide what you want to actually give away. Bear in mind that whatever you choose will be representing your business, your brand or your Etsy shop so please choose wisely
If I determine we’re a good fit for each other for a giveaway, the next thing you’ll need to know about are:
The mechanics of the giveaway… How it will all work
Decide what actions you want entrants to complete. These could include any of the following:
- “Like” your Facebook page
- Follow you on Twitter
- Tweet a message (and have them @ mention you or use specific hashtags)
- “Like” the blog post featuring your giveaway
- Like/favorite your Etsy shop
- Leave a meaningful comment on the blog post featuring your giveaway (I can help you decide specifically what type of feedback to solicit)
- Other action(s) not already listed (as long as it’s possible… and legal)
The key is to get entrants to take meaningful action and complete simple, yet effective tasks, that make submitting their entries a conscious activity, not just clicking a button. Actions that result in achieving what your end goal is.
YOUR end of the deal
If we do end up collaborating on a giveaway, I ask that you do the following to ensure that is as successful as possible:
- An original write up about your brand, business, or Etsy shop that I can include in the blog post for the giveaway. ***Be aware, that I may edit it because a lot of people don’t have the time to read lengthy blog posts.***
- Send me 4-5 clear, high quality photos of the item you’ll be giving away (if giving away a physical product)
- Tell me about what you’re giving away and what it’s worth
- Decide what actions you want entrants to perform in order to submit entries (refer to the list above) and let me know what those are ***Be sure to send me direct links to any of your social media accounts that you’ll want included***
- If you have any specific terms and conditions that you’d like included as part of the giveaway let me know specifically what those are
- Provide me with two (2) social media URLs of yours so I can keep you in the loop with the social media promotional activities I’ll be doing
- Share it on your social media outlets, spread the word to your own audience as well
- You agree to give me creative license over the composition of my giveaway posts
- Giveaway items must be in the form of tangible physical goods, gift certificates, free or discounted subscriptions or services
- Giveaways will run over a 2-4 week period
- I will email you the giveaway winners email address by blind copying you in the email I send to the winner notifying them that they have won
- You will be responsible for the shipment of the prize(s) at the end of the giveaway (if a physical product)
- For sponsors not based in the United States, arrangements for how physical goods will be shipped to winners must be agreed upon prior to Go Live
Please Submit Your Giveaway Application Here
There will be a minimal amount of self-promo included in the giveaway e.g. links to some of my own social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook page, Google Plus, etc.
- Maine-ly Fish Prints – Ends 3/13/2015