Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Still stumped when it comes to Etsy Relevancy and Etsy SEO…?
Figuring out how to get your shop seen by your ideal customer on Etsy – not to mention trying to get your shop ranked high on Google – is no easy feat!
My guest Michele Gallagher – owner of the Etsy shop JAM Jewelry Shop and founder of MyCraft Assistant has things pretty well figured out.
Michele shares her story on how she got started selling on Etsy and how her business evolved to helping other Etsy sellers find success on the platform through her unique consultation and virtual assistant services.
She explains how she spent hours doing the research and testing out her methods on getting ranked well on Etsy and on various search engines such as Google. This all leads into why Michele became passionate about helping other Etsy sellers learn what she has learned, grow their businesses, and find success on the platform.
We cover a lot of ground in this week’s episode – from how to identify your target audience to learning what tags you should use on your product listings to get the best search results as well as how to use social media correctly to drive traffic to your shop and increase sales.
Michele is one smart cookie and I was excited to have her on the show back then and I’m happy to share her brilliant tips and strategies that can help you succeed as a new or seasoned Etsy seller in this re-run of our original conversation.
My Craft Assistant – Topics Discussed
- Michele explains the two ways she helps new and seasoned sellers optimize their shops to find success right from the start
- The most common mistakes that many shop owners make when selling on the Etsy platform
- The importance of identifying your target audience and the best ways to market to them
- Differences between Etsy relevancy and SEO
- Why Michele believes that creating your tags properly is more important than being in an Etsy treasury (***Treasuries are now a defunct feature on Etsy, so…***)
- Michele shares a helpful tip on how she manages her time
- The importance of Etsy sellers utilizing social media to drive traffic to their shops – and how to do it correctly
- Advice on how to use Etsy teams to grow your business
- Relationship-building tips that can help shop owners form meaningful relationships with their customers
- Website: MyCraftAssistant
- Email: info [at] MyCraftAssistant [dot] com
- Twitter: CraftAssistant
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: