Slow Etsy sales are a reality, and even though conspiracy theories are abundant when it comes to explaining why many sellers are experiencing a slowdown in traffic and to their shops and subsequent “ka-chings” on their Etsy apps…
What’s a seller to do?
For starters we can stop bemoaning the issue and take matters into our own hands… Get creative with your business strategy, after all, we are creative entrepreneurs.
Which brings me to my guest this week, my online friend who has become as real as my IRL friends, Rashel Fitchett.
Rashel runs the Etsy shop Pacific Crest Silver where she sells gemstone statement rings which makes by 100% by hand. She’s a silversmith who also teaches other aspiring silversmiths the craft, and if you thought those two tasks would keep her busy enough, she also coaches individuals who want to start selling on Etsy and runs a local mastermind group with four other Etsy sellers!
One of the things I really admire about Rashel’s way of doing things is that she is very high touch in everything she does.
If you’re working with Rashel, either as a customer, client, or peer group member, you’re not just clicking a button or watching a video or working through a workbook…
You’re very much working with Rashel. And it is my belief that the very hands-on nature of everything she does is a key ingredient in her success.
So, what am I getting at? Well thankfully, Rashel is an open book and when you listen to our conversation you’ll hear us discuss:
- Rashel’s unique way of using Instagram to generate Etsy sales… Daily!
- How she structures her time and organizes her day so that she’s able to accomplish many tasks each day
- Learning her craft and then now teaching it to other aspiring silversmiths (no scarcity mentality here)
- Masterminding… What it is and how she developed a local (and very effective and active) mastermind group, and how you can too
- Advice and words of encouragement for sellers who are experiencing stagnant sales
- Thoughts and philosophies on running sales and offering discounts on products
- And so much more than I can type…
Rashel’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Cadey of Cadey Collections – she is one of Rashel’s business coaching clients who recently took the bold step of opening her Etsy shop and has now made her first couple of sales already! Please hop over to Cadey’s shop and give her some encouragment on her Etsy journey… Let her know Rashel sent you 🙂
- Education: Beaducation.com – offers a repository of free online craft classes as well as crafting tools and supplies for sale
Connect With Rashel
- Social media: Instagram (this is best; send her a DM), Facebook, Pinterest
- Etsy shop: Pacific Crest Silver (send her a convo)
- Website: PacificCrestSilver.com
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: