Podcast: Play in new window | Download
More than one Etsy shop owner has made the leap from a full-time, good-paying job to being a business owner and artist. An example who has done this exceptionally well joins us for episode 138, Emily Mercedes.
Emily is the proprietress of Emily Mercedes Art. She is also a full-time mom who used to be the head editor of The Berry, sister site to The Chive. The Chive is the #1 male entertainment site in the world and it was started by her two brothers, John and Leo. They recruited her to be the editor of The Berry, and her husband to run Chive Charities.
But a year ago she decided to leave her job and become a full-time artist and mom. Although people probably thought she was crazy to leave an amazing job and a steady income, she went for it.
On this episode of Etsy Conversations, Emily shares some concerns she had before making the leap, as well as how she structures her day so she can care for her two-year old boy while still getting so much accomplished in her work! She gives some great tips on what to do if you’re starting out with your Etsy store too.
Emily has learned some valuable lessons in her time as an Etsy shop owner, an artist and a business woman. She shares it all today on episode 138!
Tweetable: “Save frustration and figure out your brand from the start!”
Emily Mercedes Art – Topics Discussed
- Did she ever have an Etsy shop before her current one?
- Why do you need a web site as an artist?
- How she has created her pricing structure.
- What has generated much of her sales, and can you do it too?
- Why she checks out her competition, and what she learns in the process.
- And more!
Emily’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
Kim Konen from Tiny Hearts
Dalia’s Etsy SEO webinar
Dalia on Episode 121 of Etsy Conversations
Art For Your Ear podcast
Dear Handmade Life podcast
Dynamic Reprographics of Austin, TX
Best ways to reach Emily
- Email Emily
- Etsy shop: Emily Mercedes Art
- Emily Mercedes Art on Instagram
- Emily’s personal Instagram
- Emily Mercedes Art on Twitter
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: