How do you find inspiration to keep your Etsy shop open, functional, and profitable? If you’ve been selling on Etsy, or anywhere for that matter, then you can relate to this question all too well. We’re talking about creating everyday as a way to stay connected and motivated when running an Etsy shop.
My guest today is Hailey Smedley and she owns the Etsy shop Ozetta, where she offers beautifully hand-knit and crocheted chunky scarves and accessories as well her own original patterns.
Hailey shares the story of how she learned to knit and crochet from her grandmother and mother at an early age. As she got older, her sister introduced her to Etsy and her mother encouraged her to begin selling her beautiful fall collections on the platform. It was a major success from the start!
Hailey explains why she decided to focus exclusively on her Etsy shop shortly after she graduated in 2009. It’s not always the case that your current employer encourages your entrepreneurial ventures, but Hailey shares how her former full-time co-workers and bosses reacted when she told them about her plans to start a business.
We talk about how Hailey manages her time while raising two small children and how she gets new product ideas and inspiration from her customer’s custom order requests.
Her story is truly inspirational for any Etsy seller wanting to turn their hobby into a lucrative, fun, full-time business.
- How photo quality impacts new Etsy seller success
- Continuing to work on your shop during slow selling seasons and how it fuels motivation
- Why she chooses not to compare herself to her competitors
- Using Instagram as a marketing tool
- Creating inventory and accepting custom orders
- Developing relationships on and through the Etsy platform
- Product development and fulfillment strategies
Best Ways to Reach Hailey
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: