Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Alisha Jemelian is a living example of the Etsy journey almost every seller dreams of… But, she’s here to share the true story of what goes on behind the scenes and what goes into the making of an Etsy Success Story.
Alisha runs the Etsy shop One Blushing Bride as well as the independent ecommerce website OneBlushingBride.net. In both, she sells her own line of handmade wedding veils and accessories… Talk about niching down… 🙂
Alisha went from being a full-time paralegal in a law firm, to starting her Etsy shop and running it on the side, to eventually walking away from full-time employment.
Contrary to the stories you usually hear, Alisha didn’t leave her full time job because her Etsy shop had “taken off”, but rather to devote to it the time and attention it needed in order to blossom into a full-fledged business.
Her shop wasn’t an overnight success, it didn’t even all happen in a year, but she persisted and today… 7 years… Over 1,000 brides… In more than 10 countries later… Well, you’ll have to listen to our conversation to hear it all… And it’s all pretty good.
In our conversation, we discuss…
- The ins and outs of running both an Etsy shop as well as in independent ecommerce site and the very special campaign she’s running on her website… And why…
- The importance of offering customer service that is uniquely tailored to your own customers
- Transitioning from a 9-5 to full-time entrepreneurship and the importance of seeking wise counsel before making the leap
- Successes and challenges that come along with running your own business
- Defining and determining who your ideal customer is
- Transitioning from sourcing supplies from retail outlets to finding good reliable wholesale suppliers
- And so much more… (we talked for over an hour!)
- Lizzy Liz Event Planning & Design – wedding planner in Orange County, CA who also organized a community of service providers in the wedding niche
- Podcasts: Etsy Conversations (you’re here! 🙂 ), Etsy Success, and Project Entrepreneurs
- Photo editing software: PicMonkey (affiliate link)
- Accounting Software: QuickBooks Self-Employed (via the Etsy platform)
Alisha’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Wing Shadow Wraps (on Etsy) and on Ravelry – Alisha’s mom, Pam’s, Etsy and Ravelry shops where she sells handmade shawls
- Teensys Tinsys – Alisha’s sister, Julia’s shop where she sells adorable animal-inspired whimsical newborn baby hats
Connect with Alisha
- Etsy shop: One Blushing Bride
- Website: OneBlushingBride.net
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: