Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
It’s been almost five years since Sey and I last spoke and in this week’s podcast episode, I get to catch up with her and find out what she’s been up to since our last convo.
If you haven’t had a chance to listen to our first conversation, it is Episode 150 and it originally aired in November 2016.
Here are some quick foundational facts about Sey based on our previous conversation:
- She’s was an artist at Disneyland, then she went to art school
- She opened up her Etsy shop selling one line of products but then later switched to her signature name art product line
- At the time, she was using local events as a significant part of her marketing strategy
- Fun fact: her artwork was featured on the Conan O’Brien show
Topics Discussed This Time Around:
- Patreon – what it is and how Sey uses it to both connect with her most loyal fans and generate regular income
- Opening a gallery and holding local community art shows
- How taking the time to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has helped Sey’s business
- Use Instagram to run live auctions
- Advice and inspiration for struggling sellers and the future plans for Sey Studios in 2021 and beyond
- Square – tool for collecting credit card payments while at in-person events
- Rising Tide Society – community for educating and connecting small business owners
- Honeybook – tool for managing project/client work, sending invoices, collecting payments, etc.