Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Megan Green is one of the organizers of Midwest Craft Con (along with her co-organizers Brit Charek, Organizer of Crafty Mart and Grace Dobush, Co-founder of Crafty Supermarket).
I loved talking with Megan and learning, not just about this great business conference, but also about Megan’s crafty and creative entrepreneurial journey… If you’re like the rest of us, then you’ll enjoy hearing the story of her personal journey as well.
If you’re anywhere near Columbus, Ohio then listen in to learn just why attending Midwest Craft Con can be a real boost for your creative business. Megan and her co-organizers have lined up a top-notch collection of educators and successful business owners in the maker and creative business field.
Something I want to make more time to do is highlight more business conferences around the U.S. and actually, globally, that cater specifically to creative business owners and makers so I am thrilled to present this one to you.
Megan and I talk about a LOT of things, including:
- How she ended up taking the helm of a biannual craft show – Craftin’ Outlaws
- …And of course we take a deep dive into the back story of Craftin’ Outlaws as well 🙂
- Collaborating with others to organize a crafters’/makers’ conference
- Who Midwest Craft Con is targeted for and why
- The significance of obtaining 501(c)3 status for the conference
- Scholarship opportunities available to attend Midwest Craft Con & how you can either apply for it or donate to the scholarship fund
- Megan’s Etsy journey… how she started off and how her journey has evolved along the way
- Lots more…
Midwest Craft Con is going to be taking place on February 16-18, 2018 in Columbus, Ohio.
After listening to our conversation, please be sure to visit the Midwest Craft Con site to get additional information about the conference, speakers, registration, lodging, etc.
If you plan to attend the conference please let me know… I will try to attend it as well.
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: