Happy New Year! To start the year off I’m bringing on the bling again with Angela Frazier of the (now re-named) Etsy shop AV Wedding Designs.
Planning the perfect wedding is a stressful task for many brides-to-be… From picking out the perfect colors and flowers to choosing the perfect gown, many soon-to-be brides lose sleep trying to figure it all out. And what if you’re looking for an item that no one else has? Where do you turn?
Well, Angela has that little nook covered…
Angela started her Etsy business in December 2012 after attracting an impressive amount of attention for her uniquely designed “bling shoes”. Like many women, she was on a hunt for accessories that had never been seen before, but unfortunately, her hunt came up short. So, she decided to create her own handcrafted, fashionable shoes for herself. And boy did she hit the ground running with her new idea!
In this episode Angela shares her story of how she got started on Etsy, the products she offers and how she comes up with her unique designs. She explains how her Etsy shop went from only 12 sales in the first 6 months to nearly 100 in the next by making a few tweaks to her photos and tags… Very important lessons right there…
Angela shares SEO tips on how to maximize the Etsy search engine to improve your product rankings and get seen by your potential customers better. She also explains what she does to incorporate social media marketing tactics into her everyday marketing plan and how they helped her grow her business successfully.
Her story is truly an inspirational one, and her funny, positive attitude is very contagious.
I hope you’ll enjoy this episode and learn a lot of helpful tips which you can use to take your business to the next level 🙂
AV Wedding Designs – Topics Discussed
- Angela explains why she tries to purchase the very last shoes available on a store’s shelves
- Angela’s first experiences as an Etsy shop owner and the challenges she has had to overcome in her first year
- How Angela decided to maximize the simplicity and benefits of owning an Etsy shop and how it compared to the work involved in establishing her own website
- Different design ideas Angela has sold on Etsy, including her unique camo collection
- How she transitioned from working in a bank to becoming a full-time Etsy seller
- How having an in-home shop has helped Angela cross-sell and upsell her other products
- We talk about social media marketing and how she uses it to increase awareness of her brand and products
- Angela explains how she promotes her Etsy shop offline through various local shows and business card distribution
- Tracking the return on her marketing efforts
- Specific tips and advice from Angela for new Etsy sellers
- Etsy Shop: AV Custom Designs & More
- Website: South East Texas Weddings
- Social Media: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: