Podcast: Play in new window | Download
My guest this week is Rebecca from BexMarie.com. She’s a maker and a web designer and in our conversation this week we’re talking all about making the right decision when (and if) it’s time to set up a space for your creative business in your own corner of the internet.
Rebecca and I met virtually through Facebook and I’m happy that we could have this convo. 🙂
Rebecca started off in web design before she started making soap so she’s been involved with tech side of things for a while and has some unique perspectives on how to go about branching out from your Etsy shop.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- The anatomy of a website – both front end and back end (you need to understand what goes into all this)
- Comparisons between various platforms for website building and hosting (if that sounds like Greek to you, you’ll understand more when you hear this conversation)
- Services Rebecca offers and how they’re different from those offered by others
- Tips and advice for sellers for 2018
- And much more…
- Handmade Website Jumpstart – free email course
- Create. Launch. & Flourish
Other Resources Mentioned
- eCommerce tools: Shopify, WooCommerce
- Website platforms: WordPress (self-hosted), WordPress (not self-hosted), Squarespace, Wix
- Website hosts: SiteGround (affiliate link), HostGator, BlueHost
- WordPress website builders: Beaver Builder, Elementor
- Etsy Conversations Podcast Ep.191 – listen to Medina’s story of having her Etsy shop shut down and how she got it back up and running again
- Website: BexMarie.com
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: