Michelle Farro transitioned from one creative business to another.
She gave up her 15-year career as a hairstylist at the end of 2017 and is now running her art business, both on and off Etsy, full time.
She runs the Etsy shop Michelle Farro Studio from her New Jersey base and this week she’s my guest on the podcast and we get to talk about her journey so far and what was involved in getting to this point.
Michelle is a realist painter and printmaker, she studied art formally at both the Laguna College of Art & Design in Laguna Beach, CA as well as at the Florence Academy of art in Italy. Amongst other things, we discuss how she ended up in these specific art schools, as well as the impact they had on the type and style of artist that she is today.
In addition to her art training, we also discuss:
- The inspiration behind Michelle’s art and how she gets commissioned work
- The role in-person craft shows have played in her sales strategy
- Time management as a full-time artist
- Working with production partners
- How she navigates the world of pricing her artwork and other derivative products she makes
- Linear inch vs. square inch methods of pricing
- Dealing with unhappy customers
- And much more…
Connect With Michelle
- Etsy shop: Michelle Farro Studio
- Website: MichelleFarro.com
- Instagram: @michellefarro
- Email: MichelleFarro [at] gmail [dot] com
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: