Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This conversation has been a long time coming… After hearing nothing but great things about the Academy of Handmade Artists & Supporters (AHAS) from previous guests (and also doing some personal sleuthing about it myself 😉 ), I am so happy to finally have on AHAS Co-founder, Sharon Fain, as my guest this week.
If you’re a creative business owner and feel like you’re floundering in your business or even just a bit disconnected from the creative business community then you’ll really want to listen in and hear what the Academy of Handmade has to offer you as a creative business person.
This is the AHAS vision:
…a thriving handmade economy where makers are celebrated, respected and successful as not only artists, but as businesses. We aim to honor those who make with skill, artistry, and love.
Academy of Handmade – Topics Discussed
- The AHAS Awards and Ceremony
- The need for community and celebration and how the Academy of Handmade is filling that need
- Membership benefits and expanding chapters
- …and lots more
- MeetUp – a good place to connect with your local creative and handmade community
- Creative Live – great place for learning
- Trello – task organization system to help improve your time management and productivity
- Canva – great for making graphics and images without needing a ton of graphic design skills on your part
Contact Sharon & Learn more About AHAS
- Website: Academy of Handmade Artists & Supporters
- Email: Sharon [at] AcademyOfHandmade [dot] com
***Promo code: “convome”** – use this code to vote in the AHAS awards for just $5 (regularly priced at $15)… Thank you Sharon! 🙂
I’m giving a shoutout to Nessa of Lala’s Party and Jessica of Strawberry Moth for putting AHAS on my radar… Thank you ladies!
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com