Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I really loved talking to this week’s podcast guest Gabe Molnar because his Etsy story is a fantastic reminder of many important facts including:
- Following your instincts and your passion regardless of what others say
- Having a creative outlet and finding a way to create the life you want around it
- Doing whatever it takes to be successful regardless of what extrinsic factors you have to battle
- Bartering for services and photography with other professionals
- Being everywhere… As much as you possibly can anyway
Gabe’s Etsy shop is 1Aeon and to date he has sold over 8,100 handmade items… All of which he has designed, created, packed, shipped, etc. by himself.
In our convo we talk about Gabe being a truly one-man show and I get to discuss his take on outsourcing and time management as it relates to him being a solo entrepreneur and owner of a very busy Etsy shop.
Gabe’s story is such an intriguing one… He went from being a member of a popular heavy metal band that toured the world and opened for Slayer… (I confess, I didn’t know who they were before this convo), to being featured in an Etsy promo ad and also an Etsy front page feature (back when that was a thing on Etsy).
He’s a podcaster as well, so after we “geek out” just a bit about podcasting, he shares his thoughts on how he believes podcasting can help Etsy sellers promote their businesses… As in, Etsy sellers having their own podcasts for their Etsy shops! I’m all for this as well and I share my thoughts why. Granted, podcasting isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but you never know…
- Etsy shop: 1Aeon
- Social media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Flickr
- Website: 1Aeon.com (Gabe’s podcast is hosted here); 1Aeon Blog
Gabe’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Sparkle Farm – please check out Erin’s Etsy shop too… She and Gabe first met when they had neighboring tables at craft fairs they did in New York
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com