I'm really excited to share this episode again. I’m diving deep into your Etsy questions with Kim Konen, who worked as an Etsy admin from February 2010 to October 2014, and is currently the owner of the Etsy shop, TinyHearts. Our mutual friend Angie Gordon, who runs the Etsy shop Gathered and Sown also joined us for this special Q&A session.
I frequently receive questions in my email, as well as on the Etsy Conversations Facebook page and Facebook group about different aspects of getting started and running an Etsy shop. So, I wanted to give you a simple way to get all of your questions answered in one central location – on the show!
I loved doing this episode because it was really interactive in that I got folks to submit their questions just for the show and they were answered in this convo with Kim.
Kim, Angie, and I address some of the most-asked questions you have had, including how to get featured in Etsy Finds and the various things to consider that can affect your shop’s relevancy on the platform.
This episode is quite long, because we wanted to make sure we asked and addressed your most pressing questions!
If you didn't participate in this round and you have a burning Etsy question, email it to me (see email below) to have your question answered in Part 2 of the Etsy Q&A series
Your Etsy Questions Answered
- How to sign-in to multiple Etsy shops at the same time. (Submitted by Kelli of Swaddle Me Snugly)
- The changes sellers can expect as a result of Etsy’s IPO. (Submitted by Charlotte of Caravan Fiber)
- How to get more views and sales.
- Tips to improve your Etsy search results. (Submitted by Kara of Kara’s Vineyard Wedding)
- What really affects your Etsy relevancy – and what does not. (Submitted by Diane of Muddy Waters Ceramic Creations)
- Etsy’s category algorithm. (Submitted by Beate of Patterns Tried & True)
- How to create relevant product titles and keywords. (Submitted by Charlie of ZUTusine)
- Why sellers are unable to see who follows their shop. (Submitted by Doug of Bright Workz)
- What sells well on Etsy, what doesn’t, and which markets are over-saturated.
Etsy Questions & Answers - Kim’s Pro Tips
- Link to your other shop listings in your item descriptions.
- Comment on Etsy’s new product forum posts the first day they’re published.
- Test your keywords and categories by running an A/B test.
- Identify your ideal customer. Actually writing down who they are helps you stay focused on your branding and message.
- Use the Etsy search bar to get keyword ideas for the most relevant keywords to use in your listing. Place the most relevant, important keywords first in your title.
- Titles and tags are most important in Etsy’s search engine algorithm.
- Ask your friends and family for help; give them your shop link and have them describe your shop in 5 words.
Best Ways to Reach Kim
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations - This is where I'm connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com