Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Reach New Shoppers With Google Shopping
- You can now advertise your Etsy items outside of the Etsy marketplace with Google Shopping and manage both your Etsy Promoted Listings and Google Shopping campaigns with the new advertising dashboard
- This places your items in Google search
- For U.S. and Canada-based sellers, get $100 in Google credit if you spend $25 within your first 30 days (and of course, terms and conditions apply) 🙂
- With Google Shopping you can set up your campaigns to show your items alongside relevant search results in both Google.com and Google Shopping
- The new advertising dashboard makes it easier to manage both advertising channels in one place (no need to leave the Etsy platform to set up your campaign in Google)
How Google Shopping Ads Work (A Brief Synopsis)
- Set a daily budget for your G-Shopping campaign (Recommendation: run your campaign for at least one month because it takes at least one week to optimize your bids)
- Etsy will handle the campaign bids and inventory optimization
- You get charged for each click on your ad
- Charges will be included in your Etsy bill
Note: It’s important to know that if you set up a G-Shopping campaign you will automatically be opting out of the Etsy Google Shopping Engine Ads. However, if you pause or end your G-Shopping campaign, you’ll automatically be re-enrolled in Etsy’s free shopping engine ads again.
Etsy’s Affiliate Program Now Open to Sellers
- This was opened up back in June 2016
- The affiliate program can help you earn a commission by promoting other Etsy shops
- If you have your own blog or website you can apply to Etsy’s affiliate program here
How Etsy’s Affiliate Program Works
- Post an affiliate link(s) to Etsy products and shops within your site’s content
- Visitors who click on these links will be directed to the Etsy shop or products you’re promoting
- If they buy within 30 days, you’ll earn a 4% commission on the sale price of each purchase they make on Etsy
Currently the affiliate program is offers support in English, French, and German only. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, contact SellerAffiliate [at] Etsy [dot] com
Update: Treasuries & Trending Items Pages on Etsy
Alas… As of October 5th, 2016, treasuries and Trending Items page are no more…
- Well, per Etsy, data showed that fewer buyers viewed treasuries and even fewer actually purchased from them
- Because of the removal, Etsy will now dedicate more resources to proven marketing efforts that will hopefully increase exposure to your shop(s)
So what exactly happened on October 5th, 2016?
- No more ability to create new treasuries
- Removed links to treasuries page from home page, favorites page, and user profile
- External links to treasuries will continue to function and buyers can still purchase from these treasuries
Updates to Pattern by Etsy
Etsy launched blog integration onto the Pattern by Etsy platform and a new theme that highlights your cover photo.
- As of September 20th, 2016 you can use the new blog tool on your Pattern site >> format text, include photos, and embed videos
Why is this a good thing?
- Research shows that 57% of buyers say they’ll pay more for an item if they know who made it
- Creating original content on your site can improve your placement in search results
Use the blog tool to share your creative process, highlight new items, or show buyers different ways an item can be worn, used, or displayed.
New “Pearl” Theme for Pattern by Etsy
- This theme uses your Etsy shop cover photo and displays larger photos of your products
- Also includes a new notification bar and social sharing icons that stay on the page as you scroll (I can’t stand these by the way… I think they’re very annoying when you can’t get rid of them and if they block the text you’re trying to read… But that’s just me! 🙂 )
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: