So when last did YOU check your Etsy shop stats? May I ask… Did you know that you could see your Etsy shop stats? In today’s Tips For Selling on Etsy, let’s talk about the often-overlooked Shop Stats.
Your shop stats are literally a treasure trove of information that can help you improve you get that next sale. Here’s some of the information your shop stats can give you and why you want to make sure you;re looking at them on a regular basis:
- First and foremost, they tell you how people are finding your products, what keywords they are using to do their searches, and what other sites are linking to the items in your Etsy shop
- How you can use this info: spend your time on what’s working and don’t waste your time on what’s not working to bring you traffic and sales
- Landing page reports are basically telling you who likes what in your shop
- Pages Viewed tells you not only which ones are your most and least popular shop pages, but also, form here you can discover what products of yours are not performing very well
- How you can use this info: do some detective work to try and figure out why your under-performers are lagging behind… Could it be your tags, title, photos…? Then fix the problem 🙂
- Number of “Views” and “Orders”… You’ll need to look at these figures over a period of time and determine how many views your listings get for every sale that you make
- How you can use this info: work on decreasing this number, and that simply means that you should try to get more sales per view i.e. more of your viewers are turning into buyers. What would you need to do to make that happen?
- Traffic sources “Within Etsy” let’s you know if viewers are going from page to page within your shop… Make it easy for them to do so by interlinking your shop categories and product listings within your product descriptions for example
Alright… Now you have a short primer on how to take advantage of the information in your Etsy stats.
I’d love to hear how YOU are using the information you get from it and what effect(s) it’s having on your Etsy sales.
Let me know in the comments section below.
Please take a minute to subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com