Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
It’s been almost two years to the date of our first conversation and now Kwadwo is back!
Kwadwo runs the Etsy shop Crafted Glory Design where he sells thoughtfully crafted furniture. In our previous conversation – Episode 259 back in July 2019 – we talked about how he was running his Etsy business in addition to working a full-time job and running a successful Airbnb as well.
If you think that sounds like he had a lot on his plate, hold your horses… Right around August 2020, he was featured (unbeknownst to him initially) on the Etsy blog and then floodgates were opened.
Kwadwo is back chatting with me this week and sharing what the experience was like for him after being featured. It’s definitely a blessing for sure (yes Etsy, please feel free to keep featuring him), but it came with some unexpected hurdles he had to learn to scale.
We talk all about that in our convo this week.
- Reaching a turning point and realizing “this could work”
- Getting featured on the Etsy blog – check out one of Kwadwo’s features here – we also discuss what things might appeal to the Etsy editors (for those interested in getting featured as well)
- Dealing with the “fallout”, both good and some challenging, of high-profile exposure
- Knowing when to outsource
- Making the decision to end certain product and the positive effects of niching down
- Deciding when to leave full-time employment, if at all
- And so much more…
- Freelancers Union – resource for finding health insurance for the self-employed and freelancers
Connect With Kwadwo
- Etsy shop: Crafted Glory Design
- Instagram: @craftedglory
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast