Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Bonnie Lecat isn’t just talking the talk, she’s also walking it. She’s both teaching on Skillshare and selling art on Etsy.
Through her Skillshare course, she’s helping other sellers who are either struggling to make sales in their existing shops or who don’t know how to set up an Etsy shop overcome the hurdles they are facing.
Bonnie sells her inspirational artwork, signs, and personalized in both her Etsy shop – Bonnie Lecat – as well as on her website – BonnieLecatDesigns.com.
She’s a teacher, designer, and artist and she’s journeyed from art director, to illustrator, to graphic designer and now creative entrepreneur, and she shares the story her journey with me in our convo this week.
She really has a desire to help and encourage other sellers to succeed on Etsy and you’ll hear just how she does that as you listen to our chat. We also discuss:
- Pricing strategies, including the importance of tracking commonly-overlooked overhead costs
- Selling in retail stores and how to price your products accordingly
- Time management and prioritization of tasks
- Bullet journaling – what it is and how it works
- Social media schedulers and automation of social media marketing
- SEO for Etsy, ecommerce, and blogs
- Thoughts on scaling one’s business
- Handling time off work/away from the business
- And lots more…
- Bonnie’s Skillshare Class –
- Bonnie’s 5-Day Gallery Wall Challenge
- Web designer – Amanda Creek Creative
- Etsy keyword tool – Marmalead
- Other Skillshare classes (get 2 months free using this link)
- Social media scheduling tools – Tailwind, Hootsuite
- Book recommendation – Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Etsy seller resources – Seller Handbook and Forums
Connect with Bonnie
- Email: blecat [at] BonnieLecat [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
- Etsy shop: Bonnie Lecat
- Website: BonnieLecatDesigns.com
Please take a minute to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please also tell a friend out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: