Podcast: Play in new window | Download
My guest this week is Auntie Divine and she runs two Etsy shops. Uncommon Folk is the jewelry store she first started in 2011 and Hautie Haus is her second shop which she started in 2015 for selling vintage clothing.
In our conversation we discuss her amazing photography and how she collaborates with other local artists and sellers (both on and off Etsy) to get professional shots without spending an arm and a leg.
From setting priorities, juggling a day job and figuring out how to prioritize her side business, to shop promotion… What’s worked and what hasn’t.
Listen in to hear the challenge I gave Divine and how you can follow along. I’ll be joining her in the challenge too!
- Model Mayhem – find models for your photo shoots to barter time for product photos
- Vintage Fashion Guild – resource for researching information and history of vintage items
- Etsy Teams: Etsy Pickers & Sellers, Daily Etsy Sales, The A-Team, and Devotion to Promotion
- If you’re on the hunt for a book to read, here’s what Divine is currently reading (and highly recommends) – The Vine That Ate The South by J.D.Wilkes (affiliate link)
- And he has an Etsy shop too! Check it out here: Kamp Kitsch
- Jaime from Cobravida Studios
- Lauren from Altar Ego Design
- Aimee from Jeeze Louise
- Lisken from Knitz & Pieces
- Christina Anastasia
- Etsy shop: Hautie Haus
- Social media: Hautie Haus Facebook page
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: