Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Allie is a freelance designer/motion graphics animator who is really a person of the world… She was born in the Dominican Republic, is half Italian and half Brazilian and lives in the UK but spent five years in the US as well so if you’re trying to place her accent as we chat… Now you know 🙂
She also has many hobbies, including photography, enjoying the outdoors and adventure, writing and recently expanding to creating her new shop and she also hosts a podcast of her own called Hearts of Courage… And this is where we pick up our convo this week.
In her Etsy shop Hearts of Growth Allie sells printable products that focus on providing mental health resources, workbooks, wall art and cards to those who need it the most. Some of her printables are focused on children’s mental health because she believes we can help the next generation with tools that many of us didn’t get growing up in identifying our emotions and subsequently, this will allow them to create healthier relationships with themselves and others.
Hearts of Growth was born from Allie’s own experience of hitting rock bottom which we discuss in our convo. It started as a personal journey for her until she decided to slowly share it wth others and that has now became part of growing it into this small business she has.
Her mission is to connect communities through compassionate and simple visuals and spread hope and joy into their lives no matter what struggle they are experiencing.
- Starting on RedBubble and transitioning to Etsy
- Deciding on product type to offer – physical vs. digital
- Using Etsy’s native marketing tools effectively – coupons, sales, ads, etc.
- Figuring out product pricing
- Getting featured on BoredPanda
- And lots more…
Allie’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Washed Up Cards – shop is run by Flora and she uses plastic products reclaimed from beaches in the UK to create her unique cards
- RedBubble – a print-on-demand marketplace for artists to sell their designs
- YouTube Etsy printables educator Alissa (I hope this is the right one)
- Bored Panda