Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Until recently our guest for today’s episode was running two Etsy shops, and although she loved both of them, she made the choice to focus on one. Gillian is the proprietress of Pretty Happy Vintage, an Etsy shop that sells cute and kitschy items from the 1950s to the mid 1990s. On her Etsy site you can find everything from My Little Pony dolls to vintage board games to Disney books.
Gillian and her shop are based in the UK; she lives in the picturesque countryside of Norfolk, which is in the middle of England. In addition to her Etsy life she is also a wife and the mother of three, two adult daughters and one teenage boy who lives at home.
Although she is solely focused on Pretty Happy Vintage today her first foray into the Etsy selling world was with her paper crafts store. The store began in December of 2012 when her daughter was online looking for a jewelry bowl. She found what she needed on Etsy and suggested her mom check it out. Gillian did and set up her first store, with Pretty Happy Vintage coming along in September of 2014. She juggled both for a year before devoting all her time and effort to PHV.
On this show Gillian explains why she chose to focus on Pretty Happy Vintage, how she sources her items for her shop, what her listing strategy is and why, and what a typical day is like for her. She’s learned so much from running two stores and she generously shares that knowledge on this edition of the Etsy podcast.
Tweetable: “You don’t lose anything by starting out!”
Pretty Happy Vintage – Topics Discussed
- How does she utilize teams for her Etsy vintage shop?
- The correlation between consistently listing items and increased sales: Gillian explains.
- A time-saving strategy for listing items in your Etsy shop, and why it’s so useful.
- How she utilizes Pinterest to drive traffic and make sales.
- What is the balanced money formula and how can you use it to grow your Etsy shop?
- And more!
Gillian’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
Becky Queen of Frocks – Classic cut modern print frocks
Handmade Seller magazine
Lisa Jacobs blog post on her balanced money formula
Best ways to reach Gillian
Pretty Happy Vintage on Etsy
Pretty Happy Vintage on Instagram
Pretty Happy Vintage on Pinterest
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: