Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Reggie Ellis has been an Etsy seller since 2007 and went full-time on Etsy as her sole income source in 2009. She runs the Etsy shop Reggie’s Dolls and at the time of our conversation had just over 13,000 sales on the platform.
If you think there’s a book of rules that you need to follow in order to find success on Etsy, hearing Reggie’s story will convince you that success is really up to you and you can pave your own way right to it. That’s exactly what she’s done.
Reggie is my first guest who is in the doll niche so I had lots of questions for her because I’ve been really curious about the entire doll-making niche on Etsy… Actually, not just on Etsy but really in the world because I have a friend who makes custom doll clothing for Barbie doll collectors and it’s all very intriguing to me 🙂
- How long-term Etsy sellers need to be prepared to evolve with changes
- The power of collaborating with complementary makers to grow your business exponentially
- Why Reggie pared down the number of products she offered in her Etsy shop from about 300-400 to under 40 and what effect that had on her sales
- Staying on top of trends in your niche
- Tips for using Facebook organically – what’s working for Reggie now
- The importance of taking classes to stay on top developments in your niche and in business in general
- And so much more…
Reggie’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Ginger Melon – Etsy shop run by Shelly; she designs and creates patterns for making plush dolls and toys.
- CraftCount – site for getting backend stats such as Etsy shop rankings, top sellers by country, etc.
- Doll World Convention – there are many different ones but in these days of COVID pandemic, I found this one: Virtual Doll Convention
- Paola Reina – Spanish doll company that makes the “Mini Kane” doll
- Live Effects by Sue Ellen Patreon Channel
Connect With Reggie:
- Etsy shop: Reggie’s Dolls
- Social media: Facebook
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast