Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Marie Adlerova is my guest this week and she and I first “met” online about a year ago… You’ll hear all about that in our discussion 🙂
Back then, Marie hadn’t yet opened up her Etsy shop Maad Goods and our initial contact online plays into that… Fast forward to 2016 and all that changed…
Like many new and aspiring Etsy store owners, Marie feared that her goods wouldn’t appeal to other people and she experienced the feelings of overwhelm that lots of sellers do… But she overcame them…
In our conversation she talks about how and when she decided to finally just “close her eyes and click the button” launching her new shop, and – over time – earning her first sale.
On this week’s episode, Marie joins me to share her story, how she first learned how to create the beautifully hand-crafted canvas and leather bags and totes that she sells today, her goals for Maad Goods and how things have been going over the course of her first year on Etsy.
Every creator has their own system, Marie discusses the unique ways she prototypes her products before listing them for sale and how she manages her creative time while running her Etsy shop and working outside the home. Her story is truly inspirational and a great example of what can happen when you overcome your fears and “just do it.”
Don’t ever expect it to be perfect the first time around. It’s a process, and one that will develop as you do.” – Marie Adlerova
- Keeping inventory vs. handling custom orders
- Benefits of creating systems and processes early in your business
- Finding inspiration and developing new product lines
- Creating prototypes
- Pricing considerations, formulas, and tracking customer interest
- Marketing and promotional techniques
- Scaling your Etsy business
- Marie’s future plans for giving back
- And lots more…
- Etsy SEO tool: Marmalead
- Shop Promotion: Etsy Promoted Listings | Etsy on Sale
- Facebook Groups: Czechs on Etsy
Maad Goods – Etsy Shop Shout-Outs
- Dove and David – offers beautifully crafted, personalized pillows and home décor.
- Etsy Shop: Maad Goods
- Social Media: Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook
- Email: MaadGoods [at] gmail[dot] com
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: