Have you ever thought about combining an interest with a skill to start your Etsy shop? Tammy, the owner of Our Vintage Bungalow, has done exactly that. With Our Vintage Bungalow Tammy has created an Etsy shop focused on unique, vintage items. She built this shop because of her love and passion for all things vintage.
As a child, she grew up accompanying her parents to garage sales and antique shops. She fell in love with antiques, and to this day looks back fondly on those memories. In high school, she became incredibly successful selling her used textbooks on eBay. That was her first taste of selling and she was smitten.
After her wedding, Tammy found herself overwhelmed with hundreds of vases and candle holders. Since they were handmade, she knew that eBay was not the right market for those items. She knew about Etsy, and decided to list her items there.
Tammy’s intention was not to build a business, but she got excited about selling items that she loved in an online marketplace. Last year, Tammy was able to leave her job in the financial industry to focus solely on her Etsy business.
On today’s show, Tammy shares how she knew it was time to make the jump to full-time shop owner, plus how she schedules shipping, photo shoots, and more. Tammy has a lot of experience and knowledge about what it takes to run a successful Etsy shop, so get ready to learn on episode 127 of the Etsy Conversations Podcast!
Our Vintage Bungalow – Topics Discussed
- How can you save money on shipping boxes?
- What is the best way to determine what items you should carry in your Etsy shop?
- Why you should offer customized shipping quotes.
- One simple thing you can do to improve your photography.
- How to react when a customer asks for a discount.
- And more!
Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
86 Home – vintage and antique home goods
Miss Mustard Seed blog
Tuesdays with Dorie blog
Canon DLSR Rebel Cameras
Pic Monkey Photo Editor
Mail Chimp Newsletter Manager
Dreamy Whites website
Dream Whites on Instagram
House of Harvest website
House of Harvest on Instagram
Facebook group for Etsy and eBay sellers – Sorry guys… This group is no longer on Facebook 🙁
Best ways to reach Tammy
- Our Vintage Bungalow Etsy Shop
- Our Vintage Bungalow website
- Email Tammy
- Join Tammy’s “Our Vintage Bungalow” mailing list
- Our Vintage Bungalow on Instagram
- Our Vintage Bungalow on Pinterest
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
More resources for growing your Etsy-based business: