Hilary Pfeifer runs the Etsy shop Bunny With A Toolbelt and she’s been selling on Etsy since 2007.
In addition to selling on Etsy, she has branched out into creating multiple streams for income for herself and we talk about important and possible it is for artists to develop multiple streams of income as well.
Hilary makes and sells wedding cake toppers and other nice things including playing cards and her own life of self-published children’s books. She also has a retail space in a business district in Portland, OR where she lives ~ Bunny With a Toolbelt Window of Wonders ~ and from there she sells her products to local buyers.
It sounds like a lot right…?
But it’s all working out quite well for Hilary and in our convo this week she shares how it all came to be and how she manages it all. There are so many unique things that she’s doing and I think our conversation will help to spark some ideas of unique and creative ways other sellers can branch out and expand their businesses as well.
We also discuss the following:
- Hilary’s unique Sweet Sixteen sales
- Self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- Kickstarter – what it is and how running a campaign can benefit you
- Things Hilary has done to be successful
- Alternative uses of the product photo spots in your Etsy listing
- Create ways to market your business with every sale and to every paying customer
- And much more…
Hilary’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Tripper Dungan – Hilary’s cousin and maker of very unique handmade 3D paintings on salvaged wood. Hop over and take a look and let him know Hilary sent you 🙂
- United States Playing Card Company – manufacturer of playing cards
- IFTTT (If This Then That) – create recipes and improve your productivity and efficiency
- Color Magic – local printer that creates marketing materials for Hilary
- Etsy Conversations Podcast Episode 234 – conversation with EtsyRank founder Anthony Wolf
- Etsy Jam Podcast
Connect With Hilary
- Website: BunnyWithAToolbelt.com
- Etsy shop: Bunny With A Toolbelt
- Social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Blog: Bunny With A Toolbelt
Connect With Me:
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: