This week’s episode is a bit unique… and one that I am incredibly excited about. If you’ve been listening to the show lately, then you’ll be fully expecting this… You heard me sing praises for the keynote speech he gave at the EtsyUp Conference last month and here he is as promised…!
My guest is Maxwell Ryan, Founder of Apartment Therapy.
In 2001, Maxwell left his teaching career to embark on a journey – to follow his dream of being a business owner. He started Apartment Therapy in an effort to achieve the American Dream, to pave the path of financial freedom for himself and new growing family. He wanted to help people become inspired and encouraged to make their homes beautiful, organized and healthy.
In his keynote speech last month, he talked about how many well-known businesses today are becoming obsolete and mentioned companies that are replacing them. Today we expand on how these companies are developing a different ethos that is providing them with better “staying power.”
As I mentioned before, in my opinion, his speech was one of the most inspirational discussions at the event!
In our conversation this week we dive a little deeper into Maxwell’s keynote speech as he shares his journey into entrepreneurship, discusses some of the challenges he faced early in his business while the company was catapulting into success rather quickly.
He provides his inspirational and practical advice for other small business owners fueling today’s economy.
Maxwell also shares an “insider secret” that Etsy sellers can use to help them get their products noticed by the companies and thought leaders within their niche and what you can do to begin building a relationship with those leaders.
[bctt tweet=”When things speed up, learn from other people. @maxwellat” username=”ConvoMePodcast”]
Apartment Therapy – Topics Discussed
- Maxwell shares his advice for creative entrepreneurs on how to avoid becoming an obsolete business
- Why you have to remain flexible in your business in order to achieve success
- Maxwell explains what his original vision was for Apartment Therapy and his initial reaction to its fast growth
- Why it is so important for business owners to have a clear goal that can be achieved within one to three months as well as a yearly goal
- Powerful advice for Etsy sellers on what you can do to get your products noticed by other businesses and organizations, as well as how you can approach a company about your product
Best Way to Reach Maxwell
- Apartment Therapy Website
- Apartment Therapy mailing address: 270 Lafayette St., Fl 13 (Prince St.), New York, NY 10012
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: