Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Platforms like Etsy have paved the way to the rise of mompreneurs – female business owners who have found a balance between being an active parent and an entrepreneur. Managing a business and being a parent is no easy feat, especially if you are a first time parent like Sarah Cason of Sarah Cason Designs.
Sarah first talked with me back in Episode 95, when she shared her journey with her Etsy shop, Sarah Cason Designs. Much has happened to her over the past year since we last spoke to her!
While most people expect new moms to slow down with their careers, this has not hindered Sarah from doing well in her business at all. In fact, she has even taken to teaching and launched her first Calligraphy class in November 2016.
She joins me on the show this week to share her experience as a new mom in business and how she balances being a mom and managing her Etsy shop. Amongst lots of other things, Sarah shares how she keeps her customers engaged even if her shop is on vacation mode and how she built buzz leading to her re-opening.
Sarah also provides some insightful tips on how to manage burn out and how to keep your creativity brewing. She shares the tools and processes that she has developed to manage busy periods in her business, such as Christmas and other busy selling seasons for her as well as the holidays.
Sarah Carson Designs – Topics Discussed
- How Sarah balances her time managing her Etsy shop and taking care of her new baby.
- The advantages and disadvantages of putting your Etsy shop on vacation mode.
- Building buzz on social media to boost your Etsy shop re-opening.
- Using promotions such as an open house to manage your leftover inventory.
- Strategies for developing new products.
- New features and functions of the new Etsy layout.
- Systems and processes that help her manage busy seasons.
- Goal-setting strategies.
- Finding creative ways to manage burn out.
- Podcasts that keep Sarah motivated.
- Helpful Etsy Shipping features such as labels and commercial pricing.
- Startegies for streamlining your shipping process.
- My previous conversation with Marie Segares in Episode 144.
Sarah Carson Designs – Resources Mentioned
- Graphic Creation & Editing: PicMonkey | Etsy Banner with Canva
- Podcasts: Artists Helping Artists: Selling Your Art Online with Leslie Saeta | While She Naps Podcast
Sarah’s Etsy Shop Shout-Out
- Consider the World – run by Emily Tuttle. In her Etsy shop, Emily offers hand-painted globes and donates some of the profits to refugee relief.
Best Ways to Reach Sarah
- Etsy Conversations: Sarah Cason Designs
- Social Media: Instagram | Facebook
Win a Copy of Marie Segares New Book: “Make Money Teaching Crochet”
Are you ready to expand your crochet business, make more money, and inspire others to learn more about your craft? Etsy shop owner, Marie Segares’ new book: Make Money Teaching Crochet: Launch Your Business, Increase Your Side Income, Reach More Students teaches you how to plan, structure, and launch a profitable, well-organized crochet teaching business with step by step lists, guides, and resources! Learn how to structure, set achievable goals, create lesson plans, develop payment options, and market your business to achieve success!
Enter for a chance to win a copy of Marie’s book…
Leave a comment below sharing your #1 tip for managing your Etsy shop and you’ll be entered into a random drawing to receive an electronic copy of Marie’s book (NOTE: you’ll get a physical copy of the book if you reside in a country that Amazon will not deliver electronic books to).
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: