Her Etsy shop is Quill & Fox and she’s been running it since 2010.
Before I jump into what Yas and I discussed this week I would like to thank podcast listener Sarah B. from London for writing to request that I invite Yas on the podcast as my guest. I’m so glad she did because we had a really good talk and I hope you enjoy it as well 🙂
Yas started out her business on Etsy and from Day One it was an intentional goal to sell her art as a business. We talk about how she overcame societal pressures to get a “real job”, so to speak, and how focusing on making art her business has paid off in droves.
Other Topics Discussed:
- Dealing with the notion of selling what you make and love vs. selling what the market demands (or at least what it wants)
- From advertising and marketing to full-time artist >> learning to believe in the possibility of being a non-starving artist
- Doing market research >> how long should one keep testing a product before giving up on it and moving on to something else
- Offering commissioned work through Etsy >> commissioned art vs. custom orders
- Time management and getting organized
- Social media marketing and Yas’ experience with Etsy Wholesale
As a successful veteran seller who’s been featured on the Etsy blog, Yas shares what that experience was like and offers some words of wisdom to both veteran and newer Etsy sellers.
Lastly… Have you ever tried to get help from Etsy support?
Forget about finding their phone number… Listen in to hear how you can get an actual phone call from Etsy… In English or German only though…
Got more questions, comments, or feedback for me or Yas? Please leave them in the comments section below.
- Asana and Slack – project management tools
- Busy Bee Planner & Pocket Planner – Yas’ own created planners (check them out in her Etsy shop)
- Yas’ featured article in the Etsy Journal
Best Ways to Reach Yas:
- Etsy shop: Quill and Fox
- Website: QuillAndFox.com
- Email: Yas [at] QuillAndFox [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: