Thank you to ECP listener Beth for requesting that I talk to successful furniture sellers on the podcast.
This week my guests are Monika and Dylan, aka Mr. Designer and Ms. Artist, and together they run Blissopia which is much more than an Etsy shop, it is a full-fledged handcrafted eco-friendly furniture business on the rise.
I first met Dylan at the EtsyUp Conference back in August 2016 so when I received Beth’s request, he and Monika immediately came to my mind and I knew they were my first choice for this episode 🙂
In our conversation this week, you’ll hear the couple explain their journey into entrepreneurship and how they specifically chose the niche they did.
We talk about taking the leap (or being “pushed”) from full-time employment with Fortune 500 companies into self-employment and how they adjusted.
Here are some other topics you’ll hear us discuss:
- Time management – Monika and Dylan talk about running their business from their home base and how they manage family and work
- Division of labour – how the couple split up the responsibilities and tasks related to running their own business
- Profitability – how they measure it and what it could look like for other handmade business owners
- Goal setting – how they plan business milestones and steps they take to ensure they hit their targets and continue growing their business
- Long-term plans for Blissopia… And the high-level steps they plan to take to get there
- Shipping – the ins and outs of shipping bulky items like furniture and what they’ve found that works for their different products
- Squarespace – website building platform
- UShip – site that connects folks who want to transport bulky items across the U.S. with folks who will do just that
- Hootsuite – social media management and scheduling tool
- Google Drive & Google Docs
- Apartment Therapy episode w/Maxwell Ryan
Best Ways to Reach Monika & Dylan
- Email: Dylan [at] Blissopia [dot] com and Monika [at] Blissopia [dot] com
- Website: Blissopia.com
- Etsy shop: Blissopia
- Social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest
- If you struggle to keep up with the Etsy Success emails (and other educational materials from Etsy), OR if you’ve fallen behind in going through the Seller Handbook…
- Then sit back, press play, and get caught up one recording at a time.
- Get on the early notification list now at ConvoMe.com/ReadToMe and you’ll get notified by me once it launches.
- When you sign up, you’ll get immediate access to the entire library of audio recordings not available on the free ConvoMe.com site or anywhere else…
- Then stick around because I add new audio content to the library continuously.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: