Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Ellie and a friend decided to learn a new craft together, then she took to Instagram to share her creations. That led to her finding a market for her product even before she had decided to actually start selling them.
And thus a business was born!
Ellie now runs the Etsy shop Natural Needle which she opened earlier this year during the pandemic shutdown of 2020.
When her work hours were cut down, like most others who were similarly affected, she decided to take up a new hobby.
Well, that new hobby has turned into a sweet side business which has now helped her to pay off credit cards AND a car loan!
- Lessons learned from Ellie’s first 100 sales
- Figuring out what her customer base wants
- Logistics of selling on Instagram and transitioning from IG to Etsy
- Keeping up with pop culture trends so as to expand product lines
- Balancing a full-time day job with running an Etsy shop
- Inventory management
- Using Facebook groups and TikTok to drive traffic and grow sales on Etsy
- And more…
- Noissue – purveyors of eco-friendly mailers including compostable mailers
Ellie’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- CoOp Of Creation – run by Desiree Horton where she sells candles, incense, and a variety of other products. Find her on IG as well: @co_opofcreation
- Of Simplicity & Spice – run by Ashley Rosenberg where she sells handmade and custom resin jewelry. Find her on IG as well: @ofsimplicityandspice