Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Steffanie Housman is The Handmade Business Coach and you can find her home on the web at SteffanieHousman.com. She’s my special guest this week and we’re talking all about growing your handmade business!
Steffanie helps struggling women business owners create the creative and product-based businesses they desire so that they can start making money online and at markets. So, what qualifies Steffanie to do this…? She’s done it herself!
Steffanie also runs her own handmade soap company – Old Town Suds – and now teaches other handmade business owners to grow their businesses as she was able to grow hers. Her teachings are based on her own personal experiences, both successes as well lessons learned along the way and she has a very warm personal style.
- The backstory of Steffanie’s journey into entrepreneurship from full time employment as an association executive
- Steffanie’s own handmade soap company and how she started coaching other women who run handmade businesses
- Goal-setting strategies …and being human when it comes to attain goals
- Expanding outside of Etsy
- Newsletters and mailing lists… Why you need them and how to leverage them successfully
- Social media for handmade business owners
- Getting featured in national publications and media outlets
- And much much more…
Steffanie’s Products & Services
- Shop Review & Critique
- Mini Intensive – use the promo code“convome” (without the quotes) to get a 15% discount on this product
- Book: Crafters Market – a repository of craft fairs and vendor shows. this book is released annually but the most recent edition I could find online was the 2016 edition.
- Craft shows: Renegade Craft Fair and Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair
- Productivity app: Wunderlist – Steffanie uses this app to keep track of her inventory levels when she’s at craft fairs and shows
- Ecommerce platforms: Shopify
- Newsletter/mailing list subscription services: MadMimi, MailChimp, ConvertKit
- Gary Vaynerchuk… Enough said (you’ll hear more about him in our discussion)
Connect with Steffanie
- Email: steffanie [at] steffaniehousman [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, FB Page, Successful Makers Society FB Group
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: