My guest this week is Genevieve and like most creatives, she has her hands in a number of different projects and thankfully, we get to talk about most them this week.
Genevieve runs the Etsy shop Genevieve Designs BR where she makes and sells interchangeable wreaths, bows, and monograms for doors.
I first came across her shop through an article I read on the Etsy Rank blog – How Etsy Rank Saved My Shop From Disaster, Twice – and I was intrigued.
Not being all that familiar with Etsy Rank myself, I knew I wanted to find out more… In our conversation this week, we talk all about the tool and how she uses it, and of course, how it helped save her shop from disaster on those two occasions.
You’ll also hear us discuss:
- How Genevieve transitioned her product line over time
- Dealing with copycats on Etsy
- How she manages her time and what a typical (well, as typical as typical can be) day in the life Genevieve Designs BR looks like
- Genevieve’s product pricing strategy and her thoughts on running sales and offering promotional prices
- We dive into her strategies for promoting her Etsy shop and also get to talk about strategies other sellers can use to attract attention from multiple media outlets…
- Google Analytics vs. Etsy Stats…
- Check the “Resources Mentioned” section below to connect with the Google Analytics whiz that helped get Genevieve all set up
- She also offers some sage advice to both new and struggling sellers as well as veteran sellers
- And lots more…
Genevieve also offers consulting services through her All Projects Great & Small site which we discuss in-depth. Be sure to check that out as well.
So pour yourself a tall glass of sweet tea and settle in for a lovely chat with this Southern belle 🙂
- Artisan Analytics – Lesley helps Etsy sellers set up Google Analytics so you can really dig into your data and make more informed decisions about your shop (this is what she did for Genevieve)
- Photography resources Genevieve used as she was learning to up her product photos – Phlearn.com (for Adobe Photoshop tutorials) and SLR Lounge (for general photography and Adobe Lightroom tutorials)
- Vela – a bulk editing tool for Etsy sellers… They also offer streamlined services if you sell on multiple platforms like eBay, Amazon, or your own Shopify site
- Genevieve’s cameras of choice, then and now… Canon Rebel T3 and Canon Rebel T7
Genevieve’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Mimosa Handcrafted – Madeline runs this Etsy shop and she not only creates wears and wares with story and soul (full disclosure: I snagged that line right out of Madeline’s shop), but she has also been a great support locally to Genevieve… I think it’s always a good thing to connect with other sellers in your local area. Nothing beats that face-to-face connection 🙂
- Website: All Projects Great & Small
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: