Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It all started with a camera Emily received from her dad… A love for photography that has now blossomed into a growing business on Etsy and beyond.
Emily Dolenz runs the Etsy shop EDolenz Photos where she sells not only her art prints, but also her mixed media art and her unique dry erase art.
She recently quit her full-time day job in order to pursue her creative business and with a new husband, house full of pets, and relatively new blog as well, Emily has her hands full and a great story to share with us this week.
We talk about:
- Emily’s blog and the inspiration behind it… Honesty and transparency in what we do
- Her view(s) on living, working, and doing life with a disability… But not being disabled by it
- Selling on Society6 – pros and cons and how to assess if it’s a fit for you
- Coupon codes and how Emily leverages them using very specific strategies
- Time management as a full-time Etsy seller
I love that Emily brings a fresh energy and hopeful perspective to running her creative business and since she’s at the front end of that journey, we’ve already made a commitment to follow-up in the coming months to get an update on how things are going.
Enjoy the conversation and when you finish listening, please take a minute to encourage Emily along in her journey in the comments section below.
- Adobe Lightroom – for photo editing (thankfully, the learning curve for this is not as steep as for Adobe Photoshop… But you’ll still need to learn how to use the software)
Emily’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Dolenz Delights – Emily’s aunt’s shop ~ Gemma “Coco” Dolenz ~ where she sells wonderful and very intricately handcrafted jewelry boxes
- Etsy shop: EDolenz Photos
- Social media: Facebook Page, Twitter (these two are best for reaching Emily); also check her out on Instagram
- Blog: Emily Dolenz, Inspirational Artist
- Other marketplaces for Emily’s artwork: Society6
- Emily’s books: My Images, My Words, My Life (affiliate link)
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: