Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Jenni Waldrop is a corporate job hating, former Fortune 500 “minion” turned 6-figure Etsy seller, success blogger, and owner of the Etsy shop, Fuzzy and Birch, where she sells beautifully designed digital and printed prints with a touch of sarcasm. She describes herself as an entrepreneur and the “maker of other businesses” largely because her Etsy success blog has proven to be a valuable resource for new and aspiring Etsy sellers.
On this week’s episode, Jenni shares her journey from her corporate working life to growing a six figure business.
She explains how, although she has worked in marketing departments in the corporate world, after becoming an entrepreneur, she quickly learned that marketing your own products and services is vastly different than the way the big corporate businesses do things.
Throughout the course of her journey, Jenni became quite savvy at using SEO techniques, discovering what works and doesn’t work for marketing her business, and now she teaches other Etsy sellers about SEO strategies and success strategies to help them grow their businesses.
We discuss everything from living the “solopreneur life” and coping with “solopreneur isolation” to outsourcing tasks, connecting with your target customer, finding an Etsy tribe to brainstorm and hash out ideas with, as well as how to drive targeted traffic to your shop to increase your ROI.
[bctt tweet=”Pick 1 or 2 #socialmediamarketing platforms (max)… Customers can tell when u put in the effort” username=”ConvoMePodcast”]
Fuzzy and Birch – Topics Discussed
- How and when Jenni discovered Etsy and why she became an entrepreneur
- Jenni’s secret to finding good people to outsource tasks to
- How she became savvy in SEO techniques.
- Why she believes having a “tribe” – a community of like-minded individuals and sellers – can be a critical factor to building a successful business and where to find them!
- We discuss how she learned to drive traffic to her Etsy shop at the beginning of her business
- She explains why she is so passionate about helping other Etsy sellers grow and build a successful business
- Products she sells in her shop, where she gets her inspiration from, and we discuss the new SEO course she’s launched to help other Etsy sellers find success
- Jenni explains why she believes it’s a bad idea to create an account on every social media platform available, and why you should just keep it simple
Fuzzy and Birch – Resources Mentioned
- Outsourcing Platforms: Time Etc
- Lead Generation: Marmalead
- Blogging & Website Building: WordPress | Squarespace
- Website/Blog Hosting: BlueHost
- Other: Not On The High Street
Best Ways to Reach Jenni Waldrop
- Online: Website and Blog
- Your First 1k on Etsy Facebook Group
- Optimize Me: The Etsy SEO Solution Course (available through the beginning of December 2016)
- Your First 1k on Etsy Course
- Mastering Your Etsy Finances
- The Etsy Therapist ( + Custom Shop Critique!)
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: