Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
From a very young age, Deb has had a love for crafting. She describes herself as a maker and everything in her shop Bluebird Court Creations is handmade in her home studio in a small village in Wisconsin.
Deb specializes in sewing handmade gnomes, most from thrifted sweaters and thus, they are very unique (a key ingredient in the success she has found on Etsy, especially because research shows that 55% of Etsy buyers shop for unique items).
In addition to specialty handmade gnomes, she also makes signs, ornaments, and other home decor items. In our convo she shares her journey to and on Etsy, things she has struggled with, as well things that are working really well for her.
- Selling on consignment vs selling on Etsy
- Getting in on a trend before it became a trend
- Balancing a full-time day job with a busy Etsy shop
- Determining product pricing
- Connecting with other sellers on Instagram
- And more…
Deb’s Etsy Shop ShoutOut
- Hidden Ridge Design Co. – run by Jo Ellen, a friend of Deb’s whom she might via Instagram, and then subsequently, in real life. You’ll hear more about this in our convo. Jo Ellen is a creator, influencer, Cricuter, Silhouetter, and so much more!
She sells a wide variety of beautiful handmade gifts and apparel on Etsy and you can also find her on Instagram @HiddenRidgeDesigns
Check out her shop and follow her on IG and let her know that Deb sent you 🙂
Connect With Deb
- Etsy shop: Bluebird Court Creations
- Instagram: @BluebirdCourtCreations
Wanna Support The Podcast?
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast