Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Finding your niche and really knowing your target market can be a stumbling block for many Etsy sellers… Not Julie Ingmire though.
Julie runs the Etsy shop Jam On Gifts where she makes and sells fan art for the band Phish. Julie wasn’t brand new to selling online and she shares about her experiences selling on eBay, then her own website and how her experience on Etsy stacks up against those.
Within her first year of selling on Etsy, she hit the 1,000-sales mark and in our conversation this week she shares exactly what made that possible… I love that Julie doesn’t hold anything back and it’s encouraging to know that such success is possible even for new entrants to the Etsy marketplace.
From finding your niche and honing on your target market, to getting permission to use trademarked and copyrighted materials in your products, we talk about these and many other experiences Julie has had in her online selling journey.
- Phan Art – educational (and more) resource for using licensed work
- Community Action Agencies
- My Upcoming Seller Resource subscription service – sign up here to get on the early notification list and be notified once it launches
- Etsy Rank
- Apps Julie uses – Expensify (for tracking business expenses, mileage, etc.), Sell on Etsy (Julie does so much running her shop using the app), SnapSeed (a photo editing app; Google makes this app and it’s available for both Android and iOS systems)
- Etsy shop: Jam On Gifts – Etsy convos are the best way to read her 🙂
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: