Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Laura Aiken runs the Etsy shop Laura K Aiken (how’s that for perfect branding?) 🙂
She’ll be the first one to tell you that running her Etsy shop is a part of the bigger plan for her business and not her entire business plan.
Even though she’s a self-confessed introvert, she’s all about making connections within her local community and in our convo she shares how doing so has opened up many doors of opportunity for her to grow her business that could not be found as organically online.
But that’s not all…
She also keeps her finger on the pulse of what’s going on online and doing so landed her a spot on HGTV not once, but twice!
You’ll hear Laura explain how she was able to get that sweet spot and how being on national TV helped her business and brought her a great deal of exposure.
We also talk about:
- Laura’s early days on Etsy… Her Etsy supplies shop (closed now) and the evolution of her current shop
- Knowing when to stop doing what’s not working
- Outlook on the future of Etsy from an optimistic seller’s perspective
- Using social media and other methods to drive traffic
- Advice for struggling Etsy sellers
- And more…
- Google Alerts – a free and convenient way of getting up-to-date notifications on topics of interest to you
- Reputation Management – the process of cleaning up one’s online history and footprint. you typically will have to hire a firm to do this work and it can be quite expensive.
- Etsy Seller Handbook – manual for selling on Etsy, by Etsy and from Etsy
- Marmalead – keyword research tool
- Plann – tool for scheduling Instagram posts; also provides analytics data for Instagram
Connect With Laura
- Etsy shop: Laura K Aiken
- Email: Laura [at] LauraKAiken [dot] com
- Social media: Instagram, Facebook
- Portfolio site – LauraKAiken.com
- Ecommerce site – LauraKAikenStudio.com
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: