Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The reality of selling on Etsy right now is that for many Etsy sellers, staying positively creative can feel like a stretch and a struggle.
Well, take heart… My guest this week is artist and fellow podcaster Dorothy Collier and she’s all about getting and staying positively creative.
In fact, her podcast IS called Positively Creative and I encourage you to go and check it out and subscribe to hear even more inspirational and educational interviews with other creative business owners.
Dorothy also runs the Etsy shop Dorothy Art so she understands not only what it means to be a creative business owner, but also one that uses Etsy as a platform for online sales… But that’s not the only place she sells…
She’s all about making connections with people in real life and we get to talk about the different ways she does this, and much more. Listen to our convo to hear us discuss:
- How to sell at craft shows (check out the link in the resources section to a comprehensive guide to knocking it out of the ballpark)
- Benefits that Dorothy sees of the new Etsy Plus subscription plan
- Running an ecommerce site and methods of driving traffic to our online platforms
- How to get media attention and the importance of creating a media kit
- Lots more inspiration for artists and creative business owners
- Consulting session with Dorothy – get a one-on-one session with Dorothy to create a soup to nuts roadmap for your creative business
- The Bridal Theory – a blogger friend of Dorothy’s
- Caroline Creates – podcast editor and podcaster
- Rising Tide Society – international networking group with local chapters (you can even set one up in your area if it doesn’t already exist)
- Positively Creative Podcast
- Make More Money at Craft Fairs – A to Z guide to everything you need to know to sell at craft fairs successfully
Connect With Dorothy
- Website: DorothyCollier.com
- Instagram: @dorothyart and @positivelycreativepodcast
- Etsy shop: Dorothy Art
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: