Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Dorcas Magbadelo, is the designer behind DorcasCreates.
Based in the UK, Dorcas is an illustrator, designer/maker, and as you’ll hear in our conversation, a reluctant artist as well who’s been drawing and creating from a young age.
Along the way in her journey, Dorcas took a more academic path before coming back before ending back up at her first love of creating.
Dorcas’ passion lies in creating work that people can identify with and her artwork celebrates the beauty and strength of Black women in particular.
She draws inspiration from the Black women she encounters in her day to day life and she places them on center stage in her artwork. In our convo you’ll hear an example of how she developed one of her bestselling designs based on someone she saw while out at the movies with a friend.
The bold patterns and prints she loves show up a lot in her art work and when she’s not creating or sleeping, she’s probably relaxing and drinking lots of tea or sweating it out at a jazz concert.
Dorcas’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- Robert Trujillo of Art of Rob – gave a shoutout to feature Dorcas on the podcast. Thank you Robert! 🙂
- Alicia Goodwin of Lingua Nigra and she’s also been my guest on the podcast! Listen to our conversation here.
- ArmandaCPhotography – run by Armanda where she sells her original portrait, still life, and travel photography.
- AngeBDesigns – run by Angela Benjamin where she sells her own handmade timeless sustainable jewelry with an artistic twist.
Connect With Dorcas
- Instagram: @DorcasCreates
- Etsy shop: Dorcas Creates
- Website: DorcasCreates.com
- Dorcas’s designs on shower curtains featured in Target:
Wanna Support The Podcast?
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast