Podcast: Play in new window | Download
You can never get enough creative business shop talk because there’s just so much to learn, and most especially during the early and growing stages of your business.
This week my guest is Danielle Spurge and she’s the brains behind The Merriweather Council where she offers educational resources for creative business owners, and in particular, Etsy sellers.
Danielle started her own embroidery business after college (you’ll hear her share how she choose to start a business in lieu of going to graduate school) and in her first year alone brought in $8,000. Danielle went on th grow that business to $74,000 in her second year and now, having learned all she has, she helps other creative entrepreneurs build and grow their own sustainable craft-based businesses.
In true teacher-in-spirit fashion, Danielle shares a wealth of information for creators and handmade business owners from the perspective and lens of one who hasn’t just been there and done that, but from one who is actively in the trenches and is changing and pivoting as fluidly as the industry and all the things that surround it are.
You’ll hear us talk about:
- The genesis of The Merriweather Council, including who Danielle created it for, why she created it and what members of the community get from belonging to it
- Understanding the difference(s) between profitability and marketability when it comes to deciding your product line
- Determining the best time to scale up your business and how to do so smoothly
- Knowing how and when to discontinue stagnant products and/or product lines
- Time management and marketing tips for creative business owners… And some reprieve for those who feel overwhelmed with the pressures of “keeping up”
- Tapping into available tools for makers and sellers… Where to find them and how to use them…
- Paying yourself… When to do it and how to do it
- Danielle’s thoughts on paid advertising
- And so much more…
- Danielle’s free Etsy course
- Danielle’s Facebook group for Creatives: CLHL Club
- The Merriweather Council Podcast
- The Merriweather Council Courses for Etsy Sellers & Creative Business Owners
Connect With Danielle
- Website: The Merriweather Council
- Social media: Pinterest, Instagram
Subscribe to The Seller’s Resource – an all-audio content library of Etsy tutorials, Etsy news, & updates…
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: