Creating success on Etsy seems elusive when you first start selling on the platform and my guest this week certainly experienced that feeling in the beginning.
Rebekah runs the Etsy shop My Joyful Endeavors where she sells her hand-crocheted one-of-a-kind rugs.
After waiting six months for her first sale she started to figure out what she was and wasn’t doing correctly when it came to selling on Etsy and that made a world of difference.
Rebekah shares her Etsy journey, which started in 2013 when she was just 15 years old… I think that is a testament to both Rebekah and the platform:
- To Rebekah, because she proves that age is definitely not a barrier to success when one puts one’s mind to it, and
- To Etsy, for creating a playing field so level that anyone on the age spectrum with a vision and the drive can create their own form of success on the platform
In addition to her early story and full Etsy journey, Rebekah and I also talk about:
- The benefits of the Etsy forums
- Etsy shop promo and Promoted Listings
- Handling changes on the Etsy platform
- Dealing with creative ruts and working yourself out of them
- Applying to juried craft fairs & how juried fairs work
- Setting oneself up for success on etsy
- Advice for newbie and veteran sellers
- And more…
- Photo editing tools:
- Keyword research tool – EtsyRank
Connect With Rebekah
- Etsy shop convo: My Joyful Endeavors
- Social media: Instagram, Pinterest
Please take a minute to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please also tell a friend out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations