Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Karen started her Etsy shop Sully’s Softies in 2014, but it wasn’t her first stop for selling her products.
She started making her cozy mittens because she needed them, but when a market for them started to organically form, a business was born.
We talk all about that in our convo this week and how you also can grow a successful creative business of your own if you just pay close enough attention to what’s going on around you.
- Karen’s “mitten mission” and her journey into making mittens
- Time management and balancing a full-time job with running a thriving Etsy shop
- Benefits of selling a seasonal product
- Issues surrounding selling one-of-a-kind products and products with a potentially finite supply of raw materials
- Market research on and off Etsy
- And much more…
- Karen’s Facebook Group – Recycled Wool Creators
- Karen’s eBook tutorial for wool sweater mitten makers – sign up to her mailing list at SullysSofties.com to get notified when it’s available
- Craftcation – annual educational and networking crafting conference/retreat
- BexMarie – Rebecca is a website designer and she specifically works with sellers of handmade and handcrafted products
- Article I wrote about how to sell on Instagram (you can also listen to the audio version of it too on the post page)
- eRank and Marmalead – Etsy research tools
- Small Business Sarah – Sarah Korhnak is a CPA and she specializes in helping Etsy (and other ecommerce) sellers handle their accounting and bookkeeping properly. Listen to my convo with Sarah here in Episode 185. Sarah has a YouTube channel too!
Connect With Karen
- Etsy shop: Sully’s Softies
- Website: SullysSofties.com
- Instagram: @SullysSofties
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast