Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Do you think you could be a full-time student, a part-time Etsy shop owner plus a part-time virtual assistant and blogger? That’s exactly what our guest on episode 137 does with her time! Theresa of Afro Style Check joins us to share how she manages to juggle all of those responsibilities plus what she’s learned from running her own Etsy store.
When you hear this show you may think her voice sounds a little familiar; she’s the sister of the owner of Zoharous, Belinda. Belinda’s been on Etsy Conversations a few times and she originally mentioned Afro Style Check in one of her Etsy Shop shoutouts.
If you don’t remember the description Belinda gave in that shoutout, Afro Style Check is an Etsy store with African-style beads, jewelry, necklaces, slippers, makeup bags and journals. Theresa has more items she’s adding soon too, but they all have the African print Ankara as part of their design.
It’s fitting that Theresa join us after her sister because Belinda is the person who taught Theresa about sewing and about all things Etsy! Today Theresa also explains where she gets the most bang for her online traffic buck, and how she sets her prices.
Theresa has all of that and more to share, so listen in to learn from her real-life experiences and wisdom.
Tweetable: “If you want to start an Etsy shop anywhere in the world, you should!”
Afro Style Check – Topics Discussed
- What are her goals for Etsy?
- If you’re starting out on Etsy what are her recommendations?
- Does she create her items ahead of time or when a sale comes in?
- What’s an important lesson for new Etsy sellers?
- Why giving yourself a break actually helps your productivity!
- And more!
Etsy Jam, Marmalead’s podcast
Episode 25 of Convo Me
Blog Biz Facebook group
Best ways to reach Theresa
- Email Theresa
- Etsy shop: Afro Style Check
- Contact Theresa on Etsy
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com
For more help growing your Etsy-based business, check out these resources: