Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Side Hustle Turned Full-Time Business Because of COVID Pandemic
Is it possible to thrive in the midst of a pandemic?
Yes It Is!
Just ask my podcast guest this week – Kate S. She runs the Etsy shop Bolt and Rally.
Her story didn’t start out all happy though, there were some downs before the silver lining revealed itself and that’s what I get to talk with her about in our conversation this week.
Well, that and a lot more! 🙂
Kate S. of Bolt and Rally
Kate works as a flight attendant but when the COVID pandemic hit everything changed.
She was temporarily laid off (furloughed) but thankfully, because she was already running her Etsy shop on the side, all was not lost.
As you may know, the airline industry was especially hard hit by the pandemic and workers in this industry were probably one of the first ones to feel the pinch of how bad things would get.
- Business promotion strategies the work for Kate, including:
- In-person events like pop-ups, conferences, farmer’s markets etc.
- Online techniques from blogging to social media
- Positioning her business to be able to sell in different markets/niches successfully
- Tactics Kate uses to stand out to her customers
- Benefits of Etsy Plus
- Kate’s plans for the future of Bolt and Rally
- And much more…
Kate’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- The Painted Press – Natalie sells a variety of personalized unique white and gold ring dishes
- Shay With Love – Shannon is a fellow Canadian and she makes and sells her own unique minimalist, customized handmade jewelry
- SquareSpace – website-building platform, can be used to create ecommerce sites with or without a blog
- Square – tool for collecting credit and debit card payments from anywhere, like at in-person events
Connect With Kate:
- Etsy shop: Bolt and Rally
- Website: BoltAndRally.com
- Instagram: @boltandrally
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast