Affiliate disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. If you enjoy reading “Legalese”, here’s my full disclosure policy.
Maddy Stevens is a young Etsy seller but she’s also one of the most ambitious 18-year olds I’ve met in quite a while. She runs the Etsy shop Miss Maddy Makes where she sells costumes and toys for cats.
One of the advantages of running a small business while in college is that you can take advantage of business classes so you set yourself up for success in business and that’s exactly what Maddy has done… Amongst other things, of course.
- Transitioning into an eco-friendly business – easy switches as well as hurdles along the way
- Making the most of down times when running a business
- Handling slow-moving inventory
- Dealing with unusual feedback and reviews
- Etsy shop promotion and social media strategies
- Maddy’s observations of the effects of Tailwind on her Instagram marketing and engagement
- Maddy’s advice to other young sellers, current and aspiring
- And much more…
Maddy’s Etsy Shop ShoutOuts
- The Cat Ball – run by Jennifer where she sells her own handmade cat beds with the signature double openings
- K Z Stevens – Maddy’s mom’s Etsy shop (you’ll hear in our discussion how her mom help with her Etsy shop) where she sells her one-of-a-kind handmade bags and stitched curiosities
- Tailwind – Instagram scheduling tool
- Eco-enclose – eco-friendly shipping supplies
- Book: The Lead Machine by Rich Brooks
Connect With Maddy
- Etsy shop: Miss Maddy Makes
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Instagram: @EtsyConversations
- Twitter: @ConvoMePodcast