Podcast: Play in new window | Download
My guest this week is Hilary Lorenz and in 2010 she founded Stonetrigger Press in Abiquiu, NM.
Abiquiu is located in the high desert and that’s where Hilary built by hand a large studio out of stone, mud, wood and tin. It’s a space that she has also created for a select group of artists to come and create each year and we discuss her process for doing this in our convo.
Each year Hilary splits her time between New York City and New Mexico… She spends several months in Abiquiu deeply engaged in her practices -art, running, mountaineering. She is a multidisciplinary artist who explores intersections of running, nature, and solitude and a highly accomplished artist.
Her recent exhibitions include Nomadic Geographies (2014), Wave Hill, NY, In the Spirit (2014), Pioneer Bluff, KS, Tracing Nature, Muriel Guepin, NY (2012). Group exhibitions include, Influencers (2014) Print Center of NJ, Corridor Gallery, (2012) Brooklyn, NY and many more.
She is also a Fulbright Fellow and the NEA-MidAtlantic Fellow. In 2011 Hilary had the pleasure of running on Track and Field, Allora and Calzadilla sculpture at the 54th Venice Biennale Lorenz received an M.A. and M.F.A. from University of Iowa and is a Professor at Long Island University-Brooklyn, NY. She was definitely one I wanted to talk to about time management since she has a lot on her plate.
Stonetrigger Press Topics Discussed
- The value of storytelling in selling products
- How a 30-day creating and blogging challenge helped propel Etsy sales early on
- Art exhibits vs. craft fairs
- …and much much more
- Southern Graphics International – a comprehensive resource for the printmaking community
- Craigslist – great place for finding free or low cost shipping supplies. Just find your local market and start searching.
Best ways to reach Hilary
- Email: Hilary [at] HilaryLorenz [dot] com
- Etsy shop: Stonetrigger Press
- Social media: Facebook page
- Website: HilaryLorenz.com
- Blog: HilaryLorenz.wordpress.com
Hilary’s Etsy Shop Shoutout
- KatWise – listen in to hear how this Etsy seller uses a very creative and unique selling technique that has garnered her almost 30,000 sales to date and be sure to check out her Etsy shop… Let her know Hilary sent you!
Please take a minute to subscribe and leave an honest review of the podcast in iTunes and Stitcher. That really helps to get the word out about the show.
Connect With Me:
- Twitter: Follow @ConvoMePodcast
- Facebook Group: Etsy Conversations – This is where I’m connecting with you after the podcast. Lots of fun convos here too!
- Facebook: Like the Etsy Conversations Podcast Facebook Page
- Pinterest: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Instagram: @EtsyConvo
- Google+: Etsy Conversations Podcast
- Email: Use the Contact Form OR interview [at] convome [dot] com